The American Peony Society is the international authority on all things Peony. They were faced with the challenge of trying to grow their online presence and membership with a dated website and database. APS expressed their need for a new website that would engage a new generation of peony enthusiasts, inform and offer benefits to existing members, allow for product and membership purchases and subscriptions, and serve as a fully functional cultivar registry and database.
Webfitters worked very closely with the APS Team to determine existing pain points and set project goals/strategy. We designed and developed the state of the art WordPress website and all of its features including the following...
- A Content Management System allowing APS to make updates to all areas of the website.
- A Peony Cultivar Database that features over 6500 variations of peonies. Users can filter by flower type, year of registration, and cultivar to view and read about registered peonies.
- A Membership area that allows members to sign up and pay membership dues through their account. Members enter in their credit card info, so they can be auto billed when fees are due.
- An eCommerce Solution that allows users to be able to purchase books, event tickets, and other small items.
- An Interactive Blog that provides resources to members and general users alike.
The site has become a big hit among current members. It has saved the APS countless hours in membership management, revitalized their online presence, and reconnected Peony Enthusiasts from around the country. Webfitters is very excited about our partnership with the American Peony Society and looking forward to Phase II - a fully functional membership portal.
If you’re interested in learning how your site could do its job better for your business, contact us today!