Baraga County Memorial Hospital
The L'Anse, Michigan area is well served by its local community medical center: Baraga County Memorial Hospital. Providing “full circle, professional medical care” to its surrounding communities, BCMH has been providing vital services and information to area residents since 1952, which now includes both hospital and clinic settings.
As the new management team evaluated the hospital's services and impact, it became apparent that BCMH wasn’t extending its excellent services to its online presence. Partnering with Webfitters for a new website meant BCMH could finally match its online and in-person experience for all area residents!
The previous BCMH website was functional yet dated. It was challenging to make backend updates and the frontend navigation left a lot to be desired. And to align with the management team’s refocused strategic goals, the website needed a contemporary look and feel.
The biggest items on the BCMH team’s wishlist included:
- A stronger focus on career opportunities
- A better user experience and navigation
- An enhanced spotlight on services and specialized providers
- An efficient way to quickly and easily get news, events, class information, and resources to the public
Webfitters dove into the project with an extensive discovery process, so we could gain a deep understanding of the hospital’s priorities, the region’s needs, and the current state of the healthcare industry. We also wanted to understand the regional competition so we could best serve BCMH and help it stand out.
The new website is designed with user experience at the forefront. We built multiple search features into the site, eliminating the prior frustration of website visitors who couldn’t find what they needed. Working closely with the BCMH team, we developed an enhanced look and feel that features a contemporary color scheme and new fonts, plus a careful focus on flow and accessibility.
The most popular features of BCMH’s new site include:
- An Easy Access Services Library that details BCMH services and links each service directly to the physician(s)’ bios that are tied to that service.
- An interactive, sortable Provider Directory that displays provider bios.
- A prominently designed Events Calendar that showcases clinics, events, and educational classes.
- A clear and easy path for patients to pay their bills online.
- An indexed blog for sharing important information and stories.
- Multiple search functions throughout the site to guide users in the right direction for their specific needs.
Finally, an eye-catching Careers section at the bottom of every page proudly displays what it’s like to work at BCMH. The Careers page itself spotlights organizational culture, employee testimonials, regional advantages, job openings, and an online application.
See all that BCMH has to offer on its brand-new site: https://bcmh.org/. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Ready to overhaul your own web presence? Get in touch with the Webfitters team, today!
Check out a video walkthrough of their website with commentary by a Webfitters professional designer here: