Futurists have been making predictions about 2020 for decades, maybe even longer. From living in flying houses, to landing on Mars - we’ve made some pretty incredible predictions over the years. While we don’t predict that everyone will be able to stop working and we will all be rich in 2020 (we wish), we do have a few predictions that we do think we’ll see come true in the coming year. Let’s take a trip to the future…
1. 3D design elements - 3D elements within design is becoming quite popular, and we think 2020 will be a big year for this trend. 3D design is much more attention grabbing and attractive to the eye. Beyond that, we tend to relate more to 3D elements because they look more realistic. It gives us a better chance to develop a feeling about a brand when we can relate to it as tangible.
2. Personalized User Experience (UX) Design - Over the years, user experience (UX) has been woven into all aspects of website development. From the design, imagery and even content, it’s no secret that UX is important. It’s also no secret that every user wants to feel like the most important user. Because of this, in 2020 we expect to have more conversations around how we can develop a customized and personalized user experience for different users who may be in different stages of the buyer's journey or customer life-cycle. Think Netflix level personalization.
3. AR-Enabled Features - While Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and Mixed Reality (MR) is not brand new, 2020 will be a year where we see more websites taking advantage of this technology and giving users a heightened interactive experience with their favorite websites. Imagine shopping for new furniture and being able to see what a couch would look like in your home while viewing it on your mobile phone. 2020 will see a large spike in developers jumping on the AR bandwagon.
4. Conversational Marketing - Conversational marketing is more than just live chats and private messaging on social media. Conversational marketing has to do with incorporating and encouraging feedback into your marketing strategies. This approach means taking one-on-one relationships to another level by welcoming positive and negative feedback from your audience to help develop stronger solutions and stronger customer support.
5. Voice-Enabled Navigation & SEO - The way we use search engines has changed with the rise of voice search. You may think since search is still being done within the search engines, that optimizing a site for search wouldn’t change much. However, we as consumers have changed our search queries because we are no longer quickly typing a question with a few short keywords. We are now speaking in complete and full sentences when we ask Google or Siri a question. Marketers will have to be hyper-sensitive to the changes we see in keyword trends in 2020.
6. Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) - As live chat features have become increasingly popular over the years, the technology that powers these robots has also evolved. 2020 is said to be a big year for NLP integration. We have already discussed the importance of conversational marketing, but imagine if our chatbots could actually understand the sentiment, feelings and meaning behind words. We may see a lot more of this in 2020.
There you have it, our 2020 predictions. We cannot wait to start playing with these trends in 2020! If you’re getting excited about 2020 and what opportunities may be waiting for you and your business, let’s chat!